The Archimedes Maths Hub is led by Carmel College, Darlington. They are together seeking to provide a centre of excellence in order to support mathematical education throughout the North East. Our young people have the potential to be the best in the world. The aim is to support schools in the development of teaching and in the leadership of mathematics in schools, so that our schools’ standards match those of the best on the international stage.
The Maths Hub welcome collaboration from schools and colleges in the area so that together we can work in partnership towards this aim.
The Archimedes Maths Hub is currently working on five main projects:
- Developing understanding of the Shanghai model of teaching and sharing this learning across the North East.
- Developing Mathematics ‘DOT’ Teaching Programmes (Developing Outstanding Teaching) for both the secondary and primary phase.
- Developing Mathematics Middle Leadership courses for both the secondary and primary phase.
- Developing a substantial module of mathematics training for all primary Initial Teacher Training courses run through Carmel Teacher Training Partnership
- Supporting strategies to increase post-16 engagement including progression to Higher Education.
Click here to visit our Maths Hub website.
For any further MathsHub information, please contact Michala Atterby on 01325 523416 or click here to email her.